2011/01/09

Uyen Linh

I must say one thing about myself: I'm behind people in almost everything:). When I first went to teach eight years ago, everyone was using a cell phone, but I thought, 'What the heck do I need a cell phone for?' One year later, I had to use it, and now it's become an inseparable part from me. And I distinctly remember a time about seven years ago when a friend of mine mentioned her wish for a car. 'Haha, what a material girl!' I thought. Now, a car is my heart's desire.

The same applies with Uyen Linh. I read a lot about her, things like she's a phenomenon among Vietnamese singers. I got a bit curious, and spent five minutes listening to her performance in Vietnam Idol 2010. 'Well, nothing too big!' I thought. Then news of her overwhelmed the forums, the websites, the online newspaper. I gave her another chance. I listened to her songs one more time. This time I listened to the jury's comments as well, and I found them so cliche and corny. I couldn't feel the truthfulness in their comments.

Then, again, her name swamped every bit of news I read. The comments about her were unanimously positive. This time, I knew there was definitely something wrong with me. I listened again with my heart, not with a too critical mind. They were better, so I clicked on other songs by her, which opened my eyes why she is the craze. It was a whole night awake filled with feelings of various kinds, from excitement to grief to the point of being moved to tears, and most of all to the return of the long-gone miracle friend. I must apologize to the jury for my wrong judgement. So, in a word, a truly touching voice that can fly high and far. Take it to the world, Uyen Linh, and make us proud.

Here are the songs that show she can be an international singer:)





And here is my favorite





No comments:

Post a Comment